Welcome to PetrosKoutoupis.com
Welcome to www.PetrosKoutoupis.com. This website/wiki is dedicated to the research, writings of historical, theological and technological nature, software development and everything else by Petros Koutoupis. Enjoy!
If it hasn't been figured out by now, my name is Petros Koutoupis. I am a researcher, author and software developer by profession. I am also a full-time husband and father. I am a full-blooded Greek fluent in the language, and have been a student of Septuagintal Greek and Biblical Hebrew for quite some time now; with additional knowledge in Aramaic, Ugaritic, and Akkadian grammar. My work focuses specifically on the Iron Age of both Mesopotamian and Levantine history and as of recently Late Bronze Age Greece, leading to a quest to find the origins of our history.
In my recent research, I have been focusing on the Documentary Hypothesis and have made a courageous attempt to place a clearer date to the writings under the author we refer to as the Yahwist (J). As a result, our modern understanding of biblical history had to be re-evaluated for future scholarship. In fact the start of my research has been published in An Adopted Legacy: Neo-Assyrian Origin to Hebrew Lore (2007) and Biblical Origins: An Adopted Legacy (2008). Also confirmed by archaeology, my latest book dates the author to the timeframe surrounding the reign of Hezekiah; specifically between 701 BCE to possibly the end of Hezekiah's reign in 687 BCE. This was during the reign of Sennacherib, king of Assyria and the Neo-Assyrian Empire that controlled the Near East during this period.
Most of my career has been spent in the computer engineering/development field, more specifically UNIX/Linux development. I have been deeply involved in open source development and for years I have been writing code for the Linux kernel, various open source device drivers and applications. A better summary of my technological professional history can be found on LinkedIn. A small list of my open source projects can be found at SourceForge.
- Operating System(s): OpenSolaris (may it R.I.P.), Fedora & Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu Linux
- Programming Language(s): C, GTK+, Python / pyGTK
- Scholar(s) and Historian(s): Michael Wood, Frank Moore Cross
- Musical Artist(s): Nine Inch Nails, DevilDriver, Fear Factory
- Movie(s): Indiana Jones (series), Snatch, Kill Bill (Vol 1 & 2), Zatoichi (series), Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Kiru, The Sword of Doom
- Television Show(s): The Walking Dead, Destination Truth
- Video Game Series: God of War, Devil May Cry
Feel free to contact me by e-mail: [email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
I would like to give a special thanks to Graham Hancock for giving not only me but also everyone else the opportunity to share their research and ideas on his published Forum articles and Message Board. Without his help, my ideas would not have had the chance to reach a wider audience.
Biblical Origins: An Adopted Legacy (2008)
Explore the world to which the Bible has been written in. Following the Documentary Hypothesis, each author provides to the origins of their writings. These clues reveal hidden propoganda and agendas during the time-frame to which the author had set these writings to scrolls. Biblical Origins is the first book in a future series, dedicated to solve the long lasting mystery: Who wrote the Bible? It is when this is identified that the scriptures of the Hebrew Bible will truly come to life, finally providing us with the answers to all else relating to it.
Biblical Origins is divided into three section, the first of which holds a second edition to An Adopted Legacy: Neo-Assyrian Origin to Hebrew Lore, followed by a focus on the ancestral writings and the roots of Yahwism.
For archaeological confirmation to my proposed dating of the Yahwist you can read my Addendum to this book.
This Book is Available Now. Click Here to Purchase.
An Adopted Legacy: Neo-Assyrian Origin to Hebrew Lore (2007)
An Adopted Legacy offers new insights to the Yahwistic (J) source of the Book of Genesis and its origins. A smaller timeframe of writing for the Yahwistic author is given by the end of this book while attempting to solve some of the Bible's oldest mysteries. This volume concentrates specifically on the primeval history of the Book of Genesis.
This Book is Available Now. Click Here to Purchase.
- Benner, Jeff. The Living Words: Volume One (2008) With the Greek transliteration and interpretation.
Historical / Theological
- Hebrew Linguistics Under the Documentary Hypothesis (2009)
- Addendum to Biblical Origins: An Adopted Legacy (2009)
- Understanding Isaiah 7:14 (2009)
- A Critical Analysis of Genesis 14 (2007)
- The Nephilim: Their Origins and Evolution (2007)
- The Babylonian Orion and Cetus (2007)
- What is the Land of Shinar and Where is it Located? (2007)
- The Lustre Distributed File System (Linux Journal 10/2011 Issue 210)
- Data Deduplication with Linux (Linux Journal 7/2011 Issue 207)
- Managing Storage Volumes with Btrfs (Linux / Linux Pro Magazine 3/2011 Issue 124)
- Archiving Data with Snapshots in LVM2 (Linux Journal 1/2011 Issue 201)
- Data Backup Applications (Linux+ DVD Magazine 1/2010)
- The Linux RAM Disk (Linux+ DVD Magazine 4/2009)
- Linux Volume Management (Linux+ DVD Magazine 3/2009)
My Blogs & Misc
- My Google Plus Page
- My YouTube Page
- Biblical Origins (my historical/theologica related blog)
- dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/blog bs=always (my technical blog)
Software Development Projects
This section will highlight all of my open source projects. Note that the majority if not all of these projects will be directed toward a Linux-based operating system. In the rarest of cases, I may also added support for Solaris UNIX. Also note that my main interest are within data storage concepts.